These apple and almond muffins from the ladies at I Am Co Delight Boxes are sooooo divine and you won’t even know that they are gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free.
If you are looking for the perfect recipe to convince a friend that gluten, dairy and sugar free can taste just as good (if not better!) than the original, then these are an absolute must!
They make a beautiful snack or dessert option, served warm with a dollop of Greek or coconut yoghurt mmm…
Gluten Free Apple & Almond Muffins
2 cups ground almonds
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
100g coconut oil (plus extra to grease the tray)
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 apples (1 1/2 peeled and roughly chopped, 1/2 sliced for decoration)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a large muffin tray with coconut oil or butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground almonds, tapioca flour, coconut and cinnamon.
3. In a small pot, melt the coconut oil then add the maple syrup and vanilla bean paste and stir.
4. Whisk eggs and almond milk together and fold through the dry mixture, then add the chopped apples and mix through.
5. Add in the maple syrup and oil mix to the batter and stir through ’til combined.
6. Mix the apple cider vinegar and the baking soda together and fold the bubbles through the batter.
7. Pour spoonfuls of the muffin batter into the greased muffin tray and decorate the tops with your sliced apples.
8. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes (for 6 large muffins) or until golden brown in colour.
9. Serve warm or cold – both ways are equally delightful!
If you’d like to try one of the wonderful delight boxes from I Am Co, you can subscribe for a month, three months or six months, subscriptions start at $35.00 and make a lovely gift.