This is such a light, delicious healthy meal, rice paper wraps are one of my fav’s and this recipe from Natalie Brady does not disappoint, especially when paired with her Tahini Dipping Sauce.
“I love finding yummy and fun ways for people to get more greens into their diet. Green veggies are the ultimate superfood as they are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fibre. Coupled with quinoa, another superfood which is high in protein and fibre and avocado which is full of beautiful healthy fats, you have yourself a super healthy, light, fresh, cleansing and delicious meal. To make them even better, dip these in my favourite tahini dipping sauce, this sauce is seriously flavourful, super dreamy and perfect for these rolls. I think you will love it! It’s the perfect light lunch or dinner meal.”
9 rice paper wraps
1.5 cups quinoa, cooked (roughly 3/4 cup uncooked)
1 avocado, sliced
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 handful of coriander
Tahini Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons tahini
1/2 squeeze lemon
3 tablespoon olive oil
Tablespoon water (optional if you prefer a thinner consistency)
Pinch himalayan salt
1. In a small cup combine all the tahini dipping sauce ingredients and mix together until well combined. Set aside. (I like this dressing quite thick, if you would like it more runny add in more water or olive oil).
2. Next begin making spring rolls. In a shallow dish, pour some hot water and fill about 1/3-1/2 way. Take a rice paper wrapper and completely submerge it in the water 10 to 15 seconds, until pliable.
3. Place the rice paper onto a damp cutting board and begin making spring roll.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the quinoa and a handful avocado, cucumber and spinach into the wrap.
5. Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, hold the fold in place, tuck in the sides and roll tightly to form the spring roll.
7. Repeat with remaining rice papers then enjoy with tahini dipping sauce.
8. It will stay good in fridge for about a day but not any longer.
Enjoy! Nat xx